Olds Cutlass Ciera 92 Tranny Problem

My car Ciera 3.3l with 205000km had a problem with the third and fourth gear .

When i drive my car everything is normal but when the third gear is on engine rpm increase but not speed ! i really dont know whats it could be ?

Ive already tried to unplug the TCC but the same problem still occur.

Reply to
Frank

Your car's trans is a 3 speed. Sounds like it is dropping back into first gear.

4000 rpm at 25 mph?
Reply to
« Paul »

My car as a 4t60 Vacuum operated . The only problem is in third gear . First Gear no problem second no problem but it switch to third but no speed in drive when i put in second gear i reach 90-100kmh than i switch it to BIG D it switch to fourth gear without any problem .

Anyone know?

Oil as already been change 35000km ago .

and Oil still red and without any odor .

p.s. I speak french so , sorry for my bad english writing

"« Paul »" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@pyats.rr.co.tx...

Reply to
Frank

Many possibilities. YOu probably should take it more than one trans shop and have it checked out before there is major damage. P.S. I did not know that the 3.3 engine was ever mated with the 4T60 trans. I have been looking for that combo myself.

Reply to
« Paul »