Re: $20,000 over sticker for Chevy Volt is simply supply and demand

In message , Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B writes

Most people don't even know that driving 1000 miles straight off, causes less wear that two cold starts, because once the engine is up to temperature and fully lubricated wear stops.

Reply to
Clive

We have totally different cultures here, than in much of the rest of the world. The U.S. was founded uniquely based on individual rights over populist mob rule. You may prefer the latter but I prefer the former. It's in our blood here, which is why we so rabidly defend things like our RKBA - ( the universal individual inalienable human Right to Keep And Bear Arms ) and our guns.

I know it's hard for people in other cultures to wrap their minds around, but that's because you've always been used to being subjects. That was why our founders finally broke away from the king.

Doesnt seem like it here anymore. They're off borrowing and spending like there's no tomorrow and they're all abject drunks, and passing laws that

60% of us want repealed ASAP ( ObamaCare ). We'll see how things go for them this fall.

It can happen.

I'm for:

  • Fiscal Responsibility * Constitutionally Limited Government * Free Markets * Smaller government * Individual rights vs forced-collectivist mob rule

The goals of the Tea Party Patriots.

You can be with the Marxist revolution or with the American revolution, your choice. Me? I'm an American Revolutionary!

Jane Galt

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote :

LOL! I meant poll, of course.

ROFL

Reply to
Jane Galt

I cant see gas degradation as a pressing issue. With pressure caps and air tight evap systems I'd guess it would take years for the fuel to 'vinegar' up.

Ben

Reply to
ben91932

. The battery, when out of warranty, costs

Reply to
ben91932

The battery, when out of warranty, costs

Bring on the aftermarket! There are already a couple of outfits rebuilding hybrid battery packs. Most packs cost between $750 - $1500. They disassemble them and load test each cell and replace the bad ones. Prii batteries seem to last about 150,000 miles and the engines longer. Doesnt seem to be out of line to me. Ben

Reply to
ben91932

Lowest priced new cars start out at about $8,000, don't they? I just can't see many people paying $41,000 for a Government Motors Volt car.I just can't see it. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

In message , Jane Galt writes

How about sitting on the fence.

Reply to
Clive

In message , Jane Galt writes

As was John Kenneth Galbraith, "The New Industrial State".

Reply to
Clive

While America goes down the tubes?

Reply to