Re: 2008 Saab Turbo

throughout their model range, and Saab has emerged as GM's center of

> expertise for boost. So it's fitting that Saab would use this year's > Frankfurt show to pay homage to the cars that started it all.

Actually while the 99 was Saab's first turbocharged car, the technique was used by other manufacturers much earlier. GM was selling turbocharged cars back in the early 1960s.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Was the Corvair their first? I can't remember one before that.

Reply to
hls

I think they had an Oldsmobile model that went on sale with a turbocharger a few months before the Corvair. This was around 1962 as I recall. People sometimes forget that the early 1960s actually saw a lot of technological innovation from Detroit.

Reply to
Roger Blake