Re: 92 Cavalier 2.2L Starting problem RESOLVED

Finally got this situation resolved after taking time off it for the holidays & work.

I had replaced basically everything that I thought it could have been. Car still started & stalled after 2 seconds. Would stay running with starting fluid. 1st thought fuel delivery problem WRONG kinda.

Long diagnostics story made short - Found 1 of the 5 volt reference signals for the computer was shorted to ground causing the 5 volt reference signals to the MAP & TPS sensors to shut down. Computer didn't like what is saw & leaned out the fuel to nothing. I repaired the wire. I also found & repaired about 5 more wires that were shafed due to an incorrectly routed wiring harness. Now the car runs great.

Thanks to all that gave thier input, & shame on me for not finding the problem sooner.

Reply to
Imknotright