Re: FORD CROWN VICTORIA DIAGNOSIS by e-mail: $20 per problem bmcgin@patriot.net

ok I have a 1997 CV P71.I have already rep;aced the TPS and coolant temp sensor on the drivers side of the ALT.My air intake sensor also OHM tested fine also.I have a NO CODE cold idle issue.Bassically I have to increase the idle a lil ( i use 2 pennies between the throttle and idle screw) when I start it cold.Once it is up to temp like 15 mins if idle I can start the car fine all day long ? Any ideas .BTW Id be one of the nice guys to send the $20 if your idea fix's this.Please email me if you wanna/need to chat more

Reply to
97CV

You might want to check the resistance of all the coolant temp sensor the dealer has and find the one with the "highest" resistance. Might work.

KM

Reply to
Kobus Mostert

That would be a complete waste of time and I'd be very suprized if a dealer would let him do that in the first place. Whichever sensor happens to be at the lowest temp when tested will have the highest resistance. It sounds to me like he needs to take a good look at the idle air bypass solonoid. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Anything is fair game when trying to diagnose a problem that may be hardware related. I actually did this once in desperation and incredibly enough I managed to get a part that was closer to optimum than just grabbing one off the shelf.

KM

: :

Reply to
Kobus Mostert

Bob had it right .....after the REV helped me out 1st..Idle air control valve replaced and 3 weeks later no problem.

Reply to
97CV

I am pleased you found the problem and eliminated it! Good hunting.

KM

Reply to
Kobus Mostert