The secret about Bentley Cars

Tina

There are no secrets about Bentley cars.Paris Hilton's boyfriend wrecked her Bentley Continental car.She ought to hire me for $1,000 every day to be her chauffer.Next to the Ford cars in England,the Bristol cars are the best. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Well, who knows.. People in much of Europe look down their noses at Brit cars.. Hand built cannot really compete, in some arenas, with robot built.

The Brits dont really have a sterling reputation for quality.

Reply to
<HLS

I know a married Irish woman who lives in England,she works for a UK government office over there.Four or five months ago she got a new Vauxhall Astra car to drive.The car has a manual shift transmission.She wants the 2000 Ford Focus car back that she used to drive.She really liked that Ford Focus car with it's automatic shift transmission and electric windows and other fancy electrical gadgets.She once said she was pulling into a parking lot and it was raining and the boot (trunk) flew open. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

What do you want? Do you want a car that's reliable, or do you want a car that's fun? British cars are fun. As British cars have become more internationalized, they have become more reliable and less fun.

Now that we have silicone gasket forming compound, there is no reason for your Super Snipe to be squirting oil out the side of the engine block any longer. Modern technology has reduced that down to a small trickle. And so WHAT if the electrical connectors are always burning up? You don't need to drive at night anyway. You want a reliable car, buy a Toyota. But if you want a fun car, buy a Morgan or Triumph. Be sure to get a spare transmission, too.

--scott

"It's got WHAT kind of thread profile on the bolts?"

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

ROTFLMAO....

Indeed, some of the British cars were unparalleled for being fun.

The 'smoke' theory of electronics was formulated because of British cars, and Lucas systems in particular.

Reply to
<HLS

Me too...brought back memories... :-)

Ditto for British bikes...

Lucas...the Prince of Darkness...

Reply to
M.M.

Those British 3 wheeler cars (1 wheel in the front,2 wheels in the back) are good at laying down on their sides. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Since there's always one person who hasn't heard it:

Q: Why do the British drink their beer warm? A: Because Lucas makes refrigerators too.

Reply to
clifto

About 35 years ago,I read an article in a car magazine about the upholstery in British cars.For some reason the mice over there really do like the upholstery in those British cars.Leaks,electrics and upholstery.The parts flying off of this car are of the highest quality. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Those were the Reliant Robins, IIRC. Death on three wheels.

Reply to
<HLS

There were actually a bunch of them. Morgan also made several three-wheel models. Apparently the British tax structure was such that vehicles were taxed by the wheel which was the manufacturing motivation for these things.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

The Brits aren't the only ones who built some ugly cars.Nowadays so many cars look so much alike I can't tell which is which.I was at the Wal Mart store and in the parking lot,I looked real close at a car that was parked next to my van.I could not see anything at all on the outside of that car about what name brand of car it was.In my opinion,most new cars nowadays just do not have any style and character,shape and form.Back in the 1950's,I could tell from a long distance away at night time which car was which. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Right - three wheelers were considerably cheaper in tax.

Although the Morgan three wheelers had the single wheel in the back. Those were actually quite capable sports cars in their day, and the single driven wheel saved them a differential.

Another british pecularity was a tax exemption on self built cars which created a blooming market in kit cars.

cu .\\arc

Reply to
Marc Gerges

Look on the internet for, Tom McCahill Test the Vauxhall

I have an old Mechanix Illustrated magazine around here somewhere which has a Tom McCahill (''Chrome Dome'' Tom McCahill) Vauxhall car road test article in the magazine.I remember as far back as the 1950's (or 1960's) Vauxhall was importing some Vauxhall cars to America.And there was some Fiat and Renault and Alfa Romero and Citroen and Mercedes Benz and Jaguar and of course the VW beetle cars being sold in America.One night in Saigon (1964) I was driving a Jeep back to Tan Son Nhut.A guy who was driving a big old 1950's Citroen car swung wide around a corner and missed me by inches.I can still see that big old 1950's Citroen car now! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin