VW announces US deal to buy back diesel cheats

VW forges U.S. deal arising from diesel emissions scandal

Volkswagen AG announced a U.S. deal on Thursday to buy back or fix about a half million polluting diesel cars.

The judge set the June 21 deadline for VW to post the for the start of a public comment period.

Reply to
Joe Clock

My perception of emissions controls on a vehicle is some what like wrapping a long distance runner's head in ten layers of burlap. Performance may suffer.

. Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus .

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's just ever so profitable for a whole industry and a lot of government officials, though.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Why the heck would anybody want to sell their diesel VW or have it "fixed?" Getting some cash to live with the "problem" would be just peachy. Let's just say $500 and we call the matter closed. :)

Reply to
dsi1

But what about contributing to GLOBAL WARMING? Have you no heart? Just a brain? Oh, OK, never mind...

Reply to
The Real Bev

This is not true - I'm gonna get an XBox One with that $500 and set my ass in a chair and not drive that VW, thereby saving the planet! But first, I have to get a VW Diesel...

Reply to
dsi1