Cleaning gunk off the inside rear window

My rear window has a layer of gunk on it that windex couldn't clean.

I was thinking of using 409, now, but I'm worried about hurting the plastic defrost decal.

Are there any precautions I should know?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
geo pearl

Can you more adequately describe this gunk on your rear window? Can you scrape it off with your fingernail?

Reply to
thekmanrocks

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 19:34:09 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote as underneath :

Probably that film of hot plastic interiors leaching nasty stuff over time! Sprayway foam glass cleaner (USA) is pretty good for that but expensive at least in UK. C+

Reply to
Charlie+

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 19:34:09 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote as underneath :

MG