1995 Toyota Camry Antenna and Dashboard Lights

Hi. I just recently came into ownership of a 1995 Toyota Camry and I just recently buggered up the retractible antenna on the back of the car. I was just wondering if there is a way to disable the antenna?

As well as what it may cost for a replacement antenna. The antenna's motor is working fine just the antenna's rod has suffered some damage and doesn't retract properly now because of kinking in the antenna's rod.

Also was wondering about replacing dashboard lighting, as some of my controls for my air and temperature don't light up when the car is on, if someone can give me instructions on how to do so as well would be great as I checked the fuses and there alright.

I would be greatful for any answers to these problems. Its an excellent car minus these small problems. :)

Reply to
soldierx

I am rather sure there is a connection on the motor that you can unplug. I think I had to do that to my 94 Camry when I had it.

That is a common problem with that model. Mine had the same problem and I would bang on the edge of the panel that had that had the controls and it would light up. I don't know if the problem is the light itself or the connection has loosened up. I never took it apart to fix it so I can't give advice on that.

Reply to
badgolferman

Just unplug the electrical connection at the antenna motor. Make sure you leave the coaxial cable connected so you still have radio reception.

You can purchase a replacement mast from Toyota (my guess is around $60~$90) or you may be able to find an aftermarket mast for under $40 at an auto parts store. For something like a power antenna mast, an aftermarket one should be good enough. The aftermarket mast should have instructions on replacement. If not, post back here and I'll tell you how to do it. It takes under 5 minutes.

Here are instructions on removing the trim bezel covering the AC controls:

You may have to remove the AC controls to find the lights.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O