1998 Corolla engine belt questions

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding the various belts in the engine (I have a 1998 Corolla):

  1. When I took my car in for a 60,000 maintenance, the dealer mechanic said that my "engine drive belt" was cracked and needs replacement - is this just another name for the timing belt?

  1. What is the recommended time for replacing the timing belt? (and the engine drive belt, if it is different from the timing belt?) 60,000 miles? 90,000 miles?

Your insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Kuo

Yes it is another name for the timing belt and the usual milage on nearly all cars for it to be changed is 60,000 miles

Reply to
arcaig

I suggest you read the replies of others before giving a wrong answer.

A '98 Corolla does NOT have a timing belt; it has a timing chain. The belt in question is a different belt.

Reply to
S.S.