2001 Corolla Light Bulb replacement.

I went to local Part Source & Canadian Tire for an Instrument Cluster Bulb but no luck. My questions are:

1) Where do I find the part# of the bulb? (Nothing in the Owner's Manual) 2) Do I have to go to the Dealer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
captain nibbler

If you have the bulb out, there is a number stamped on the metal base. Basically, the bulbs are pretty much made for the job they do, and if you match the physical size and shape, the odds are very good that the electrical qualities will also be a match.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The bulb itself may be replacable; some are soldered in (Nissans) and some are not (Toyotas, at least the ones I have owned...)

The bulb should be a 168. It should pull somewhat easily from the base. If it doesn't, and it was soldered in, this is what I did for my Nissan:

Bend the contacts of the new bulb away from the base of the bulb. Fit them through the holes on the bottom of the bulb holder, so they stick out from the sides of the base. Clip the holder into the inst panel; if you can attach the connectors and power on. Mine worked for the 25,000 I ran it before selling it...

Reply to
hachiroku

I replaced an oil pressure light. It was a Sylvania 2721.. A very small slide-in bulb. Got it at an auto parts chain store.

Reply to
Mel