2001 Toyota Camry Car Radio won't start.

Hello, I have a 2001 Toyota Camry and all of a sudden the radio won't turn on. I thought it might have been a fuse, but i already tried that. DO you guys have any idea what it might be? It's a factory radio and I have never installed a different one, so I also know it wasn't a car audio guy that might have connected something wrong.

Thanks alot

Reply to
AXGuy713

Make sure that you checked the correct fuse for the radio, and that the fuse you look at is indeed working, and not blown where you can't see it....you'll need an ohmmeter or continuity tester to be sure. I am not a radio expert, but it is possible, of course, that at some time something in your radio got fried by a power surge, but it's not likely, IMO.

Reply to
mack

Almost every Toyota I have ever owned (and that's a LOT!) has had to have the factory radio serviced, with the exception of the very first one I ever owned.

If you bring it to your dealer to have a look at it, mention this. I think the radio actually has it's own warranty that runs longer than the car's (IIRC).

Reply to
Hachiroku

The radio in my '92 Corolla Wagon is working just fine. It is original.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

thnanks alot guys, this has me frustrated so Il l just take it in tommrow and see whats going on

Reply to
AXGuy713

By any chance, has the car battery been replaced recently and do you have a security code programmed into the radio? If the answer is yes to both, then you need to enter the security code for the radio to work. If you do not have the security code, you will have to take it to a dealer to be unlocked.

There are 2 fuses for the radio: 1 is the radio fuse, and IIRC, the other is the dome light fuse. Check the radio fuse as well as any fuses that are always hot like the dome light fuse.

Reply to
Ray O

I hear that Hachiroku. I repaired the Supra's head unit 3 times. Every time it was a solder joint on one of the circuit boards.

oh and AXGuy713 there should be more than I fuse to check as well.

GL Dan

Reply to
Danny G.