Advice on Scion

I want to buy a new econo/cheap-mobile. Tkinking of a Scion XA or Xb. Want reliability and durability (my present vehicle is 14 yr old). Is Scion up to it (it's a Toyota, right?). How about Echo ( or wait for Yarvis?) or Hyundai Accent? Any insight would be appreciated.

Reply to
John Knolhoff

The Scion xA and xB are made by Toyota. The Yaris is the Echo's replacement. With proper care and maintenance, all should last 14 years.

Reply to
Ray O

I'd say pass on the accent...if anything other than Toyota I would go with the Kia Rio5 or Honda Fit(coming soon).As for the xA,xB and yaris...you can't go wrong with either/or...they are all Toyota and built on the same (echo) platform ie:same engine...etc.Although the yaris will uses a gear ratio which will add to the better mileage rather than performance.

I personally own an xA,I went to the dealer for an xB but found the xA more "me". I am taking a big liking to the Rio5 lately now that I know it is built on a Mazda platform,and the Fit,which is a mini-mini van,but it's a Honda so you will have a plethora of aftermarket parts for the engine.

Reply to
tanooki

My daughter's 05 xa is impressive for a little car. It's not a Mini but that's twice the cost.

Reply to
Alex

Or, maybe even a little more (hell, he said with PROPER maintenance! I'd guess, with PROPER maintenance, 30 years!)

Reply to
Hachiroku

The Scions are basically an Echo/Tercel. They will go for a while, albeit slowly...

I managed an average of 42 MPG with a '95 Tercel and an AT.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think I'm qualified to comment on this thread, mostly because my husband drives the xA, and I drive a 2000 Echo LOL

I personally prefer the handling of the Echo, but the xA has better acceleration and gadgets. I think the xA takes very stiff corners, and has a couple of blind spots that even our 18-year-old son noticed. My Echo gets about 33/40 MPG, and the Scion gets about 30/35 MPG. Unfortunately, they no longer make Echoes, but the Yaris is the European version of the Echo, if I remember correctly. I wish they had sold Yaris here instead, since Yaris is a hatchback. Echo has a trunk, which makes cargo tought to manage at times.

I hope that helps.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®