Can we get some 2nd gens to write the FRMs, please?

Seriously, how long has Toyota been selling cars in this country? You think that by now you could get some people to write freakin repair manuals using descriptive concise english. I was flipping through today looking for the select fit bearing formula, and I saw this sentance : "When install the bearing beware clean of the oils and fats" Excuse me? This was in bold, too, as a warning to all technicians who may be ready to pop the bearings in the block but have not taken the necessary precautions against oil and, I don't know, Crisco or something. WTF? These FRMs suck! We also had a spell a while back where we actually had to call California to get help programming and registering a new Smartkey ECU in a new Prius. The FRM instructions called two different components by three different names throughout the process, making any sort of logical progression through a set of instructions impossible. Now I know how frustrating it was for our boys in WWII before they finally cracked the Japanese Code.

Reply to
qslim

LOL! The FRM's are written in Japan, and from what I've seen, they have gotten a LOT better! You don't have to worry about removing a "glip" before removing the headliner. Since I speak a little Japanese, the convoluted instructions actually sometimes make sense to me.

Reply to
Ray O

Happens in the translation. If it makes you feel any better, here's the first sentence from the instructions that came with my Microwave pressure Cooker:

"Your new Microwave Pressure Cooker will allow you to cook children, meat beans, stews..."

Reply to
tom418

Reply to
mack

Reply to
tom418

My first wife was Chinese. While we were dating, we were driving along at night and she saw something on a tree and said, "What do you call that?" "reflector." "Lefrector?" "Reflector." "lefrector?" "Listen carefully: Lefrector." "reflector?" "Right!!!"

Honest to God.

Reply to
Hachiroku