Re: Need some help if you can, please.

My Kit Car on 70 Ghia pan is doing EXACT SAME THING (idleing ok sputtering,stalling,sometimes runs ok..but really erratically however regularly it's about 55-80 degrees here ). Rebuilt top end now dual port with dual Kadrons not rebuilt bought used etc. , 009 rebuilt , new Bosch points,condenser,rotor,coil,ignition cables,spark plugs (checked plugs burning good). Anyways my fuel tank is up front , I came off the tank to high quality glass microfilter (changeable filter) into the facet electric fuel pump(factory mechanical pump removed)then into the factory metal fuel line going into and down chassis tunnel toward rear , there it comes out of the motor horn , where I turn back into rubber fuel line into another glass microfilter then into a Purolator fuel pressure regulator into a brass "T" then to each carb (dual solex kadrons) which have filters also ( checked then and for the 1st time a very tiny amount of particles) . My car ran GREAT for months but was getting debris in the filters here and there from the fuel tank ( car sat a long time).Every now and then it would run crappy , clean filters... good to go.Now my car is doing "EXACTLY" what you describe your car doing . This time I've been messing with it for a few days about 2hrs. every evening . There was water in the filters a bit , I could see it . Clean them out add more gas (the tank was low).Nope no good (2 evening) . This evening I flushed EVERYTHING from the carbs forward . I mean real good ( must have wasted about 6 gallons of gas ). With the electric pump it's pretty easy ,turn it on and off add some gas pump part of the system , inspect at the fuel I pumped out etc.etc.That fuel system is clean to the carbs !! Guess what , SAME DARN THING at my proper fuel pressure (have fuel pressure regulator). If I crank the fuel pessure up another pound and a half she clears up but then she is running to rich . Tommorrow I'm going take the carbs off(not even gonna mess with there maybe being a bowl drain plug)..take the carbs off ,drain, dissassemble a bit, inspect , blow out passages etc (with good 125lb.shop pressure and a pencil blower).Have some rebuild kits but I don't know it I feel like doing that right now ( I just wanna ride right now,hope I can rebuild later). I think I have water & or debris in the carb(s).My nightmare did'nt start until I saw water in both filters.I'll let you know tommorrow eve.I'm working around the house tommorrow so I will squeeze in getting the carbs done and back on by 7pm .Thanks , Robert

Reply to
VonFultz