coolant leak on 91 previa

I have a leak near but not from the thermostat. Just changed that out, no problems. I'm not sure what its coming from or what it's called, but if I had a diagram of the engine I could point it out and hopefully solve the problem. I'm not the most knowledgable mechanic, but if I can find the problem I can usually replace it without too much problem. Thanks for any and all help, much appreciation. Ps also need engine specs on a 89 mazda929

Reply to
mazda929previa

If the leak is coming from the case between the thermostat and the engine block, that is the water pump cover, which could mean that the gasket for the water pump cover is leaking or it could mean that the water pump is leaking.

If the leak is coming from the case next to the thermostat, that is the water outlet passage and probably just needs a new gasket.

Reply to
Ray O