Corolla parking-brake idiot lights

My wife has several times now driven long distances after forgetting to release the parking brake on her 2004 Corolla sedan. She claims that the layout of the dash plus the position and shape of the steering wheel make it hard to see the instrument cluster, particularly the idiot light in question. (I don't have the same trouble but I'm considerably taller) Anyway, we'd be obliged for any (reasonable) suggestions as to how she can avoid this problem in future. My VW Jetta sounds an audible alarm if the parking brake is engaged for more than approx 10 seconds while the wheels are turning - is it possible to hack the Corolla's computer to do the same?

Reply to
Model Citizen

Model Citizen floridly penned in news:iTlsd.611939$mD.493318@attbi_s02:

Get a new wife. How hard is it to see that the PB lever is sticking up like an erect...

Reply to
TeGGer®

Well... when my 2003 Corolla was new/low mileage, the parking brake had LITTLE slack in it. After about 30k miles rolled past, it had a typical amount of lever travel when applied. But I'm on your side ... the OP's wife is "absent minded."

Reply to
Philip

Reply to
none2u