2005 Highlander

Does anyone know if the spare tire on the 2005 Highlander is an actual

5th wheel or a donut? If it is an actual 5th wheel, is it on a aluminum alloy rim or a steel rim?

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
Matt

From what I read the full size spare is an option. If ordered it comes on a steel wheel.

mike hunt

Matt wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Please, don't talk about things you don't know. The best source for these things to read is toyota's web site.

Reply to
Hans

Roger that - My 4Runner with alloy wheels came with full size spare mounted on an alloy wheel. A compact spacesaver was not even an option.

Reply to
Wolfgang

The same with my Highlander. According to Owner's manual it can be used for the tire rotation.

Reply to
Hans

But he is right.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

No, he's not. You get full size spare no matter what. On standard models you get steel rims so the full size spare comes on a steel rim. If you have a limited model or you get alluminum alloy wheels on standard model (which is an option) then your spare comes with alloy rims. There's no donut spare at all.

Reply to
Hans

I was refering to the full size vs doughnut.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Tire rotation is tire rotation.....Ltd is all 5 wheels regular size and alloy. They only want to do 4 but I show them the price on their billboard for $14.95 for tire check and rotation and the page from the vehicle manual which calls for 5 tire rotation and how to rotate, they grump but do it. I mark the spare so that I know they took it out and made it part of the 5 wheel rotation.

Reply to
Raneman-GR

Reply to
Raneman-GR

Toyota Highlanders don't do donuts, PERIOD.

Gord>

Reply to
Raneman-GR

I always rotate all 5 wheels on my 04 limited. No one has ever griped about

5 vs. 4. As a matter of fact most tire chains in the Minneapolis area rotate for no cost.

Reply to
Mitchell Trockman