Fobs included with 05 4runner?

Hello,

Sorry about the first post to alt.autos.misc I wanted this message to go to this group.

I recently bought a 05 SR5 4runner from a private owner. He had the original window sticker, and it reads "Remote Keyless Entry". He had

3 keys (2 regular and 1 valet w/ the key identification tag) but told me Toyota only supplies the car with one eletric remote opener (aka FOB).

Does this seem correct? I would think they'd give you 2 of them. Also, can I get another one on ebay or similar and then program it to work, using my existing remote? My 95 explorer did this, but that is

12 year old technology.

Thanks for any help, Ted

Reply to
Ted

I got (2) with my 2005 Tacoma.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

I got (2) with my Scion...

Reply to
Hachiroku

New vehicles with factory remote keyless entry came with 2 remote fobs. It is possible that the dealer lost one before selling the vehicle to the owner or the owner lost it.

You can get a replacement and program it yourself with info from this site:

Ray O