FRAM air filter VS Denso OEM

Anyone have practical comparison between FRAM air filter and the Denso

17801-0D020 air filter for a Corolla?

I found a FRAM Extra Guard air filter for around $16 and my local Toyota dealer is charging $25 for the OEM Denso version. Is it worth the $9 difference?

Reply to
GM homepc

I'm not sure which OEM filter set you need, but I did a search on eBay for TOYOTA OEM OIL FILTER, and the first his was a box of ten filters for $40.

Jeff Strickland

This is for an oem air filter. Toyota part 17801-0D020.

Reply to
GM homepc

Okay, search for TOYOTA COROLLA OEM OIL FILTER.

You can do better than the dealership, and get OEM stuff.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

LOL -- I don't think the genuine Toyota oil filter would work very well as an air intake filter.

|1013&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Toyota|76&Year=2007|2007&newCar=1&carId=001

Reply to
GM homepc

You're probably right about that.

Perhaps my suggestion would have worked better if the search string was TOYOTA OEM AIR FILTER, instead of OIL filter.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Give this a whirl...

Jeff Strickland

I actually ended up buying one on ebay yesterday just to compare quality.

Shipping charges to CDA was very reasonable, so it still worked out cheaper than getting gouged locally.

Reply to
GM homepc

I have always heard that while the Fram oil filters are crap, the air filters are fine.

By the way... OEM means original equipment manufacturer, IE any air filter made by Denso, whether or not it is for your car. You want the OE filter, IE the one for your car.

The one time where removing a word/letter from an acronym makes it more specific.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know