help with Corolla horn, won't stop!!!!!

Hi. I rented a Corrola for a week and for some reason the stupid horn just starts beeping for no reason. It did a while ago and finally stopped, then it did again and kept going. I went outside to check it out and it was still beeping and the blinkers were flashing. What is going on??? I couldn't find anything wrong when I got in. I started the car, and the beeping stopped, so I came back in. For all I know it will start beeping again. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Osiris88

Could this have been caused by me accidentally hitting the panic button on the remote? I'm not familiar with this car but that seems possible.

Reply to
Osiris88

That's what the panic button will do on my 2007 Corolla CE. Try removing the remote fob out of range or remove the remote battery and just use the key if the problem persists. Could be the little square panic button in the back is jammed in? Once the panic button activates the horn, it only sounds for a minute or so and then turns off.

Reply to
homepc

Make an offer to buy the car and call it Herbie.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Or Lassie... (Big help aren't we?)

Reply to
Hachiroku

The horn beeping and lights flashing is an indication that the theft deterrent system has been triggered, either from pushing the panic button on the remove fob or from opening one of the doors without the key or remote fob.

Reply to
Ray O

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ How about simply returning the rental car to the agency and getting another car (meanwhile telling the agency of your displeasure and inconvenience of having to return it and asking for some compensation (read: a partial refund of your rental fee!). Why screw around with it when it isn't even your car?

Reply to
mack