190D won't stop

Hi there, my 190D 1992 won't stop running. i have been looking myself but i can't find any wires on the fuelpump. Does anyone know how the fuelpump gets cut out of fuel? I can stop it by hand but my wife hates it to open the hood anytime she wants to stop.

thanks

Reply to
Piet en Trea

There should be a level at the engine label "STOP"... pull until engine shuts off... unless you have one that has a turn knob on top of fuel filter in front of engine... turn it in until engine stops... and turn it back out so you can start later.

Reply to
Tiger

There's no wire to yank that will stop the engine. The engine is normally shut down by a vacuum powered device on or inside the injector pump.

Either the shut down device has worn out or there's insufficient vacuum supply to the device due to a vacuum leak elsewhere - like a door lock.

One needs a vacuum pump / tester to find leaks and to test the shut down device.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach