rams horn manifolds

can anyone tell me who might have the spark plug wire heat shields that go along with rams horn center dump manifolds that were OEM on various older corvettes.

I'm using a 98 Vortec 5.7 with rams horn manifolds on an engine swap project. I'm come across item # 42284 at Ecklers web site but the sale email person at Ecklers does not seem to know much.

Can anyone confirm if the eckler part listed above will work, or know of other sources.

I know the center dump "rams horn" style exhaust manifolds were used on various corvettes.

Appreciate any insight on this.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

Not sure you have the tapped holes in the newer block to mount them, but yes, that is what was put on them from '57 through most '79s, plus their kit #26583 in the '60s. Send me and email at cf1957atyahoo.com and I'll send you a copy of the '72 Corvette engine-spark plug assembly sheet.

Try

sometime, smaller but very helpful in most cases.

Reply to
Dad

Ok thanks,

Yes my 98 vortec 350 has the small holes in the head for the shields. I believe the threads are metric though, but does not matter for what I'm trying to do here.

thanks for the reply... I'll check out the other web site.