Ping: Ray: Seat Extenders?

Hey. Ray, I know that for some model Toys there were seat rail extenders available. What seemed odd to me was that they were only available for some models. Aren't all the seat rails pretty much the same?

I can't seem to get comfortable in the Scion. It has the same driving position as my van, but just is not comfortable in the car. I think extending the seat 4-5 inches back would make a big difference.

I know I should be talking to someone at Toyota, but I was just wondering why some were available for some cars, and not others.

Reply to
Hachiroku

AFAIK, none of the models offered seat rail extenders. There are seat belt extenders available for any model at no charge, but their use is limited to a specific individual.

I recall reading somewhere that the Guinness Book of World Records' World's Tallest Man drove a VW Beetle with the front seat removed and drove from the back seat.

Reply to
Ray O

That's too bad. If you can't get comfortable in your car imagine what it will be like on long trips. Did you notice this on your test drive or did you think you would adapt to its "short"coming?

Reply to
badgolferman

I try to be helpful whenever I can. If Hachi can't get comfortable in the car, he could give it to me, who would provide it with a loving home and give it plenty of exercise.

Reply to
Ray O

I took it around the block (about three miles) and decided I liked the car so much that I wanted it.

Of course, I was also 'crippled' this morning. I have a desk job, and rarely have to do anything physical these days unless it's replacing a computer, installing a new printer or connecting a network cable.

I did the brakes on my POS van Sunday and I'm still paying for it!

I think a Home Gym may be the answer better than a different car!!

Unfortunately, I'm thinking maybe I should have bought one of the 'hotter' Civics. They still have that 'low-slung' seating position... :(

Reply to
Hachiroku

Get me an '05 Civic with similar miles, and I'll ship it out! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Really! Good seating posture is everything! Learned that the hard way by owning a top of the line domestic car - had a very hard time lasting

500 miles (in 24 hrs) on a trip. Did 1300+ miles (in 24 hrs) in a van with no problem with either my bottom, back or shoulders. Credit goes to the better upright straight back seating in a van seat. 90% of my selecting a new vehicle was based on "good seating" posture and adequate room. I selected the Sienna instantly when I got behind the wheel. I looked at all the 'rice burners'. I'm 6' even and 165 lbs in good health so I technically should fit in anything.

mo

Reply to
MO full name

Hmmm.... tough choice: Civic or tC!

Sorry, all I have are a '97 Avalon, "03 Sequoia, and "00 LS. I wouldn't exactly call them sporty.

Reply to
Ray O

Unfortunatley, I was overwhelmed by the performance. I also have a Supra, and the performance was as good as my Supra!

The looks played into it, but, as they said in the thread about the xB, you don't look at it while you're driving it!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ya, but the problem is the length of my legs!

I can get my gut around the steering wheel...

And you want to talk about hard cars to get in and out of?!

Let me tell you about my Supra!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hell yes, i thought my celica was hard to get into until i tried a supra - had to basically fall into the supra and be pulled back out and im 6'1 and a meaty 200lb.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Actually, I'm 5'11" and weigh about 250, and have no problem, even with the roof ON!

Reply to
Hachiroku