Toyota Corolla to Scion tC

I don't like my Toyota Corrola anymore. I have owned it for about a year. I'd like to change it to Scion tC at the same dealership. I've never done it before so I don't really know where to start. Is it a smart move? What should I know about before I do it? How can I save some money? I would appreciate any help.

Regards koobel

Reply to
koobelek

How much do you owe and how much is it worth?

This site is more geared for dealers.

This site is farily neutral.

Don't know about this one. Since the dealer I work for uses it, I would guess it's geared for dealers. Under the Used Car section at the bottom it says "What's my car worth, and then gives year and then model. An LE is worth about $8500 according to them, but it didn't give any adjustments for mileage or condition.

Hint: Clean it VERY well before trading. The cleaner it is, the more you can squeeze out of them.

Reply to
Hachiroku

If you are so inclined, you could easily sell it yourself. Take it to CarMax to get a baseline price. I would think a Corolla would be highly desirable today - especially to someone who owns a Suburban.

Reply to
ma_twain

Since your Corolla is only a year old (assuming that you bought it news), you're probably going to take a big hit if you trade it in. You may be better off trying to sell it since those cars are in high demand currently due to its fuel economy. Try to see what the dealer is willing to offer you first and see what they're selling for around your town.

Consider these things: What is missing in the Corolla that you're hoping to get in the Scion? Are you looking for better stying, sportier feel, or what? Does the tC have it? Are you willing to sacrifice a bit more on insurance, more on fuel cost, and a bit more on tires for it?

I test drove the car and they're fun little cars. It reminds me a lot like the last generation of the Honda Preludes (without the VTEC engine). They're especially great tooling around town. The list of standard features is great. I suspect it would probably get around

25-27mpg average with the auto.
Reply to
Viperkiller