what does it cost to do a 30k service on 01 corolla?plus plugs?

My 01 corolla has 32000 mile on it. And I haven't done any service yet, except a transmission oil change a year ago. Today I go to auto service shop for a oil change. the staff told me that my transmission oil is very dirty and needs to be changed, as well as the air filter. But he also recommend the 30k service, which cost $180 including oe plugs.

Is this price reseasonable? I am in southern california.

And do I need new plugs?(I dn't know much about cars)

By the way , the engine of my corolla is very noisy lately. Is it because of the transmission oil?

Reply to
yoyogogo

Sounds reasonable to me.

Probably not. If you have platinum-tipped spark plugs, their life is generally 60,000 miles.

No.

Reply to
Ray O

'platinum-tipped spark plugs' i don't know if mine is.

Reply to
yoyogogo

Check your owners manual to see what should be done. Dealers are notorious for scaring people into unnecessary service. If you already changed the transmission oil, it shouldn't be needed again for a while. Plugs are usually good for MUCH longer than 30K. The only thing you might need would be a cooling system flush.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

they show me the t ransmission oil in my car, which is blackish, and also the new one, which is pink.

And they say that new spark plug help my car running smoothier.

The new plugs cost $50 . And the total fee is $180

So what do you guys think?

Reply to
yoyogogo

If the car came with platinum or iridium plugs they don't need to be replaced yet. If they the car didn't come with platinum or iridium plugs, then I'd use $2 NGK plugs instead, so your cost should be ~$8 for plugs + ~$15 for labor.

Reply to
someone

They give me the $10 ngk plugs. I guess I am not going to change it for another 60000 miles.

Reply to
yoyogogo