2000 Camry Security System ( securikey+)

I can hear it now, but please believe me , I have tried searching for all info related to this subject already, on the internet, google, newsgroups , etc...................about 2 1/2 hours so far, so please don;t tell me if I do a search Ill find it. I have been marginally successful in finding the info on programming the remotes to the car. Success in completing the task even. However, there is one feature I am not completely sure of *how* or *if* I can make it work like my 97 camry did. the horn doesn't do the little beep it would do on the 97. the 2000 model programs exactly like th 97 for key fobs, but I have no way of knowing the programming or availablity of the feature.

Anyway, I'm asking the long way I suppose, so straight to it........

Does anyone have available the complete info on programming the Securikey+ keyless entry/alarm on a 2000 camry. Info on location of the info would be nice, so i can get a solid copy on all related material also.

I thank any and all who respong with positive attitudes and info.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

you don't, it's its.

likewise yours

Don't know if you are looking for more information than is here:

Knives

Well, I saw this page in my searches and found that not all of the features are the same in the Camry as in the Tacoma. At least it doesn't repsond as though it is the same.

Here's what i want to do: When the security system is armed and disarmed, I want the horn to honk(beep). The 97 Camry did just that, and my wife is gonna drive my to my wits end about the horn not beeping...................LOL

I personally think it's a nuisance, but she finds her car at the mall and such using the arm/disarm chirps.

See?.....................Anyone have the info for that remedy??? or did I get a defective unit or something???? I will be watching closely on the operation as I think It is Going off for no reason during the heat. I'll have to get the wife to pay close attention to "false" alarms.

thanks for the help though.

I have been watching and reading this newsgroup for over two years and lately it has become a pretty active group. last year it was pretty lame and participation was very limited. Keep up the great communication folks. This may become as fun to be a part of as the Rec.autos.makers.volkswagen.aircooled.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

To resynchronise the remote control:

  1. Turn ignitiion switch to "ON"
  2. Press door lock, unlock button on remote control
  3. Turn ignition switch to "LOCK" and remove key
  4. Test operation of remote control

-Additional features:

HORN CHIP When Horn chip is enabled, the vehicle horn will chirp on locking nand unlocking the vehicle, to enable horn chirp:

  1. Turn headlight switch "OFF"
  2. Cycle the ignition switch from "LOCK" to "ON" three times (within 5 seconds) leaving it "ON"
  3. The vehicle security indicator will illuminate continuously for 5 seconds
  4. Confirm that the cehicle security indicator has i;lluminated continuously and operate the horn within 5 seconds of the indicator illuminating. The turn signals will flash once to confirm successful programming.
  5. Turn ignition switch to "LOCK" and test system with the remote controls.

To disable horn chirp, repeat therocedure for enabling.

TWO STAGE UNLOCK With two stage unlock enabled, the first activation of the remote control, unlocks the driver's door only. A second activation of the remote control then unlocks all the other doors unless the ignition switch has been operated or the doors are unlocked in which case the second activation of the remote control will relock all the doors. To enable two stage unlock:

  1. Turn headlight switch to "OFF"
  2. Cycle the ignition switch from "LOCK" to "ON" three times (within 5 seconds) leaving it "ON"
  3. The vehicle security indicator will illuminate continuously for 5 seconds
  4. Confirm that the vehicle security indicator has illuminated continuously and operate the power door lock switch to the unlock position within 5 seconds of the indicator illuminating. The turn signal llights will flash once to confirm succesful programming.
  5. Turn ignition switch to "OFF" and test system with the remote control.

To disable two stage unlock, repeat the procedure for enabling.

REF:Owners Manual Toyota Camry/vienta

don't, it's its.

likewise yours

Reply to
Brandon Wong

Following the instructions to the word, and carefully considering mispellings and such, I tried the Instructions given , but no joy. The Security light never lights up after the prcedure, so no confirmation, no joy. Is there maybe more info that goes before that section? or is that posiibly a different year model??

I know I'm probably a pain, but I like to please the wife, and this would be major pleasing stuff for her. She "needs" it, she says.

Thanks for the attempt though.