security system

My friend recently bought a '90 626 gt/turbo. It has a security system installed, but no remote of manual. She is going on a x-country trip and would like to know how to use it. She carries a lot of stuff and would feel better if she could operate the alarm when parked by a motel.

Please help her! TIA.

Reply to
H.Olsen

Insufficient data. Does it have some sort of factory-option security system? Then the nearest dealer may be able to help. Does it have an after-market system? Looking at the physical unit to identify it and the maker is the first step in obtaining (or at least trying to obtain) the required remote and manual. For example, in early 2006 I needed to obtain a new remote for the system I had installed in my '91 NA having destroyed one original and not trusting the second. It took a bit of time but I was eventually able to get one from the maker.

Warning: a replacement remote might easily cost $50+, more than an entire new security system of the cheapest sort can be had for.

Reply to
John McGaw

Reply to
H.Olsen