92 Camry + Engine Shampoo == Dead Engine... Help

I will save everyone the effort.... I should have been more careful. Now on with the problem...

I shampooed the engine of my Camry last week and after I was done it wouldn't start... it still won't. Here is what I have done;

1) Removed distributor cap and replaced the rotor... wasn't wet and really wasn't too warn.

2) Checked for spark... there was an intermittent spark and it may have been just intermittent based on the way I checked it.

3) Disconnected all connections and checked for water, none were very wet.

4) Checked all grounds... all seemed fine.

5) Checked fuel pump... it is working.

6) Checked plugs, all seemed dry and I think it may not be getting fuel.

7) Got an OBD reader and checked codes... had a code 24 - IAT Sensor. Removed it, cleaned it and the connection and the code is gone.

STILL Won't start...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

It is the four with 390,000 kms and about 90,000 km since timing belt... could the belt have a bad spot and what is the easiest way to check.

The car ran like a dream before the wash... had tons of power, was extreemly smooth and got excelent mileage so the engine wasn't hurting.

Signed Frustrated in Ottawa.

On the bright side, I have the cleanest non-running engine on the block.

Reply to
Dash Riprock

When I did that to my 1990 wagon I usually had the same problem, but it normally was water in the distributor. Did you pull the plug caps and see if you have water in the plug wells? Having an air compressor comes in handy in this situation.

Chuck Kampmiller Aloha, Oregon

Reply to
Chuck Kampmiller

checked