'93 Camry LE Ignition Switch Question

Hello

On my Camry, the key stopped going past Accessory to Off when turning the car off.

It stops at Accessory, but the key does come out so I can lock the door.

Question is -- do I need to get this fixed? Is there significant battery drain when the key is on accessory but nothing is on (except the clock)?

I love the car, original owner, but of course would like to avoid spending the $ that would be required for a new switch.

Would appreciate it if anyone who knows about this stuff could comment.

Thanks!

Reply to
hbark

== Have the dealer cut a new key using the original key code. If you don't have it, see if they can source it from the VIN#. Keys wear. The new one probably will look quite different from your current key in profile, but that's exactly how it was when new.

Reply to
Daniel