**CAMry 4CYL OIL TYPE**

HI I OWN A 4 CYL. MANUAL CAMRY 98 ' WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST OIL TO USE IN MY CAR AS I HAVE KNOW IDEA THANKS

Reply to
mcknight

You did not say how many miles the car has, or what the previous oil change history was. But I would start out with 10W-30.

If your car has bit too much smoke in the exhaust (after it has warmed up) or uses more than a quart of oil every 3000 miles, then I would switch to an oil that is designed for high mileage cars (there are several brands available at any discount or auto parts store).

Reply to
Mark A

I have a 97 Camry and the oil filler cap has the recommended oil stamped on it -- 5W-30. The alternative recommendation in the manual is 10W-30.

Reply to
badgolferman
5W-30 is for improved fuel economy. For these cars go with the thicker alternative 10W-30 unless the weather is cold.
Reply to
johngdole