Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
May 17, 2010, 4:41 pm
rate this thread
I hear clicking noise in the serpentine belt area in my Camry 2005 (4
cyl). It has its original serpentine/drive belt at ~100 kilometers
(~62 k miles). I guess there is many components that the drive belt
moves, so it can be many things...
Any common issues in this regards? I have set up an appointment at
Toyota delership in a week for the serpentine belt replacement (based
on this news group info, it's about time to change it).
I have also noticed that idle RPM somtimes drops to 600 and results in
kind of car "shaking". I am not sure if these two symptoms are
connected. Possibly someone has already seen something similar.
Re: Clicking Noise in Serpentine Belt Area (Camry 2005, 4 cyl)
The drive/serpentine belt has been replaced at Toyota dealership, but
the "clicking", "diesel like engine" noise remains. The repair shop
did not indicate anything out of unusual in their written comments. I
have found a similar symptom in this news group, and one comment says
that 4 cyl engines on Camry can get pretty noisy. The noise is not
much noticable when the hood is closed, only with the hood opened. I
would appreciate any comments.
- » Brake pedal goes half-way to the floor, only the first time
- — Last Updated thread in » Toyota Camry
- » '96 Sentra How To Reset SES (Check Engine) Light?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Automotive Technologies
- » where do you find the color code interior and exterior on a 1962 studebaker hawk
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Studebaker Autos