Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement in Camry 2005 4 Cyl

I am planning to replace serpentine belt and the belt tensioner in my Camry 2005 4 cyl. Any advise/points how to make this seemingly difficult job ea ser?

I have a general idea after watching on you tube. Did not look easy to me, but I need to replace tensioner, because I have damaged it a little during water pump replacement. My car works great since the only the top part wh ere socket fits to loosen the belt is damaged. I have used too much force when taking off the serpentine belt.

The water pump replacement was my most advanced car repair that I have ever done.

Thanks in advance,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

ry 2005 4 cyl. Any advise/points how to make this seemingly difficult job easer?

e, but I need to replace tensioner, because I have damaged it a little duri ng water pump replacement. My car works great since the only the top part where socket fits to loosen the belt is damaged. I have used too much forc e when taking off the serpentine belt.

er done.

I simply bought the Gates timing belt kits from RockAuto for my '99 Camry a nd '02 Sienna (V6). Kit contains timing belt, idler, tensioner, water pump . The '99 Camry only had a spring for a tensioner, but the '02 Sienna has a tensioner under pressure: bolt it in place, install the belt, then releas e the pressure by pulling the pin off the tensioner. In theory you could r ecompress the tensioner with a vise or C-clamp, but I didn't have much luck with that.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett