disable factory alarm

i have a 94 camry and i'm having problems with the alarm system. I just bought a new battery, but the deterent system won't let me start the car. i was wondering if anyone knew how to disable it.

Reply to
William Daniel

I have a 96 LE. My switch is under the mat on driver's side.

Reply to
ed

Yes, with the key in the ignition, flip the rocker switch to "valet" and hold it down for 5 seconds, then just dont set the alarm with the remote! Done. Oh, anytime you disconnect power, it will default back to passive arm, do the above step to put it back into valet.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Reply to
William Daniel