Disable factory alarm on T&C?

Hey all.

I just picked up, last night, a 1999 T&C Limited. The previous owner can't find the key fobs just now, although she knows she has them.

Is there a way to disable the factory alarm until I get those? It would be tremendously annoying to have to run downstairs and out to the car in my skivies to turn the alarm off with the key if I have a false trip for any reason. What are the chances of this, is the alarm only tripped if a door is opened without a key and not just if a local kid pulls the door handle or hits it with a soccer ball?

Any advice would be great!

Reply to
nobody

No sweat no problem. Just drive it. They do not trip very easy. MT

Reply to
MT-2500

OK cool. That's what i was hoping. Although I did trip it when I opened the rear hatche tonight, but the manual says that a key in any cyclinder should disable it . Another problem for another time perhaps.

View this thread:

nobody

Reply to
philthy

In your case since you don't have a single key fob you will have to have the dealer program them with the DRB scan tool. There is no wire to ground as your earlier vehicle had.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Yeah sorry I should have mentioned, I already did that. I mentions programming Fob - to - FOB but nothing about FOB-Less. I was hoping, as there often is, some backdoor trick to avoid the dealer and their $100 FOBS.

"< read the owners manual it might be of some help in this issue

Reply to
nobody

Thanks, Glenn. Bummer, but thanks anyway. ;-)

Reply to
nobody

call and get the part number i have a dozen or so and one should fit the number

20 bucs fit your wallet?? a good scan tool can do it so you d> Yeah sorry I should have mentioned, I already did that. I mentions
Reply to
philthy