Is this what a blower resistor looks like ?

99 camry.

highest speed blower motor works.

Other 3 speeds do not.

I removed what I think is the blower resistor.

It has 6TT 220 stamped on it.

It is black plastic ( bakelite ) about 1 " x 3 " and has 4 connectors on one side and a square metal piece about 2 " x 2 " on side that sticks up into air stream.

Reply to
wp51dos

Me again.

Additional information.

The connector that plugs into the thing I removed has 5 wires.

White/black tracer white/blue connected together

Blue/pink

Black/white

Blue

wp51dos wrote:

Reply to
wp51dos

Don't mind me, I'm just looking because I have the same problem. Hope someone knows.

Reply to
jg

Yep, That sounds like it. Mine was not working on the lowest speed. I fixed it by soldering a small coil spring across the appropriate contacts. Replacing it is probably the way to go. Usually the lowest speed resistor burns out first as it is the finest.

Reply to
Johnnyboy