removing the rotors for replacement or grinding 94 camry

I AM TRYING TO REMOVE THE FRONT ROTORS FOR 94 TOYOTA CAMRY THE CALIPERS COME OFF EASILY BUT CANNOT SEEM TO GET THE ROTORS OFF, IS THERE ANY HIDDEN BOLTS OR SET SCREWS.

Reply to
LOU21963 via CarKB.com

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/toyota-camry/200704/1

Have a Haynes handy?

Maybe this will help:

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/toyota-camry/200704/1>

If you cant get past removing the callipers ,for your sake and those others on the road , take the vehicle to a quallified mechanic.

Reply to
videokid400

=== Seems like I answered this same question in another group. There are threaded holes in the rotor through which you insert bolts, then tighten slowly and evenly to press off the rotor.

Reply to
Daniel

You sure you don't mean the rear drums? I remember this is true for stuck rear drums, but I never tried removing the front rotors...

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

I notice in this pdf manual that they refer to the "disc", while I have seen some on the auto newsgroups get touchy about the use of any term but "rotor". (Disc is fine with me....)

There is a really good site which discusses some of the issues involved with disc service.

I would suggest that anyone contemplating working on his or her disc brakes read this carefully. There is good information here which applies to essentially any disc brake system, regarding two types of variations in the disc, what causes them, and how to do the job so that you get the best results.

Hope it helps.

Reply to
<HLS

=== Front rotors work the same way, only different size bolts. I know this because the bolts that worked in the front rotors did not fit the rear drums. Same principle though.

Reply to
Daniel

Tap on the section between the hub and the disc witha ball peen hammer to loosen the rust.

Thanks, Tegger!

Reply to
Hachiroku