'03 Tundra connector just under rear bumper

Anybody know what this is for? Could it be for a trailer hitch?

Reply to
RG

You buy the trailer wiring connector you need for your usage and plug it into this connector. I don't know about the '03, but earlier years required a connector from the battery to a pre-installed wire to energize this connector. Any good auto parts store or trailer parts store can get these connectors for much less than the dealer's price.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Thanks Ken,

Are you saying tat even though I have this 4 pin connector on the rear, I will possibly still need to run an additional wire from the battery to power this connector? If so, how should the wire be run? Any thoughts appriciated. Thanks.

RG

Reply to
RG

No, if you have the 4 pin, it should all work, unless someone installed half a kit!

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Dear MDT Tech,

My '03 Tundra did not come with a towing package, should this matter regarding the connector? Do you know what the 'Tow Package' comprises of? Thanks.

RG

Reply to
RG