2001 RAv4 cylinder head removal

I'm pulling the head on a 2001 Rav4 in order to have valve work done and I have a couple of questions.

1) Does anyone know if you can get the timing chain cover off without dropping the engine down on the passenger side? This vehicle has a timing chain, not a belt, and therefore has a one-piece timing cover. There is almost no room between the timing cover and the inner fender wall.

2) Can I pull the head with the intake manifold attached and then remove the intake manifold? I can't tell if there are lower bolts that I can't see. I'm concerned about cracking the black composite intake if I miss a bolt and try to pop it loose.

3) I'm planning on replacing the connecting rod bearings and rings since I will already have the head off and this engine has 200K miles on it. Any other suggestions while I've got it apart?
Reply to
Handyman

check the rod bearing tolerances first. my 4cylinder only needed rings and a valve grind at 225,000 miles. if they're with specs, leave them be.

Reply to
someone