RENAULT megane scenic cylinder head bolt torque?

I am replacing bent valves on a J1AO4 engine. Can anybody supply the cylinder head bolt torques/angle tightenings. Thankyou.

Reply to
sstumpy

That number doesn't correspond to any of the listed engine types in autodata. That number sounds more like the vehicle code.

What is engine size, type and year, that should narrow it down.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Dear mr Cheerful. Thanks for the reply. The engine is 1.6 16 valve petrol. Year of manufacture is 1999. It has a single oxygen sensor. Hope this helps. Oh, the head bolts are the male TOR-X type and look like stretch bolts. I have new bolts from renault. Sstumpy

Reply to
sstumpy

Autodata says that should be a KAM700 engine, vehicle code JA0 or JA1 Tightened in a spiral out from the middle, max bolt length 117.7mm (ignore with new bolts) stage 1 : 20nm stage 2 : 20 nm (yes, the same again, so I would leave it half-hour between

1 and 2) stage 3 : 240 degrees (plus or minus 6 degrees)

hth Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Thankyou very much Mrcheerful. Hopefully I can help you out one day. Gary Stockwell

Reply to
sstumpy