2011 Toyota Tocoma there is no trans dip stick how do i check and add oil to it

Threaded View
I want to add trans oil to my 2011 toyota tacoma but there is no dip stick and
oi look very well and i just dont see one so how do i put back the trans oil
that i draind out at the pan thinking it was the oil pluge and now i cant put
any back....

Re: 2011 Toyota Tocoma there is no trans dip stick how do i check and add oil to it
Have you drained your MANUAL transmission, or your AUTOMATIC transmission?
I don't believe there was ever a dip stick on a manual transmission.  If
you've accidentally drained your manual transmission, you will have to
locate the fill plug to refill it.  You may find you have to rig a tube so
that you can raise your source above the level of the fill plug.  If it was
a manual, you are not alone, others have mistaken the trans drain plug.  You
can find stories of others efforts to correct on the Tacoma World Forum like
this one:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/230299-removed-wrong-drain-plug.html

http://www.motorsforum.com/toyota_trucks/2011-toyota-tocoma-there-is-no-trans-dip-stick-how-do-i-che-30849-.htm

Re: 2011 Toyota Tocoma there is no trans dip stick how do i check and add oil to it

The text above is too illiterate to understand. If by "trans" the
writer means "transmission" then perhaps one can assume (as one must,
since the writer didn't bother to say) that it is a manual
transmission since automatic transmissions have dip sticks.

Manual transmissions have a fill hole on their sides, except in the
rare case when there is access on top. Oil is added to manual
transmissions until the inner oil level reaches the fill hole's lower
limb.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/230299-removed-wrong-drain-plug.html

--
Nemo me impune lacessit.
"Yasuh, Massa Antonin, I even feels 3/5ths of a person, I do." -- Uncle Clarence

Not all automatic transmissions have dipsticks - but I think all
Toyota automatics do.

Re: 2011 Toyota Tocoma there is no trans dip stick how do i check and add oil to it

Ah, thank you. I had no idea.

--
Nemo me impune lacessit.
"Your use of the scientific method in an argument is juvenile

http://www.motorsforum.com/toyota_trucks/2011-toyota-tocoma-there-is-no-trans-dip-stick-how-do-i-che-30849-.htm

Site Timeline