A Taco Should Be Driven

Hello-

Is it true to say that if a car is not driven at all, the rubber seals in the engine will dry out and become brittle and break, for they stay lubricated when the car is driven? Is that a true statement just for cars?

Please let me know how a Taco should be driven.

Thanks for you reply.

-Oscar

Reply to
oscar jean

Its a good idea to run it periodically. If possible, I try to run a parked engine up to temp at least once every few weeks. I did have my

4Runner that was down for about a year and not run at all. I found that my valve stems seals seem to have dried out and I now get a bit of oil being sucked into the cylinders under high-vacuum, engine braking situations. It did not do this before, but started after I got it running again.
Reply to
Roger Brown

A lot of things go wrong if it's not driven.

Let it run for at least 30 minutes and get up to temp. A quick run to the store will help keep things lubed.

If you don't plan to drive it for a few years, then winterize the thing and bed it down for the long sleep. I am sure you can find a list online on what to do.

Reply to
Eddie