are 6-lug alum wheels universal?

Hi gang, I just replaced my '86 4x4ec (279k miles) with a '93 4x4ec 9only 149k miles). It has the stock 6 lug 15x6JJ steel wheels. The aluminum wheels that were stock then are gettin hard to find. Will any of the later 6 lug alum 15x7JJ wheels fit my truck? They look like they would as long as they were 6 lug and 15 inch, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the help! Brian

Reply to
Brian Faddis

Yes, I tink all IFS Toyota wheels are interchangeable for the most part. They vary a bit in backspacing/offset, but the 6-lug pattern and center hole size are all the same. This may not be true for *all* 6-lug wheels, while they are all 6 on 5.5", the center hole size can vary. Some wheels made for Chevys for example, have a smaller center hole and they will not fit over the front Toyota hubs.

Of course there are also 16" stock wheels on the later Toyotas, thy will fit, but you'll need new tires.

Reply to
Roger Brown

It is also worth pointing out that the major difference may be that Toyota 6-bolt truck wheels are "lug centric" while other wheels are "hub centric." This is why:

I've interchanged wheels from 86-95, alloy, chrome, and steel, with never a problem.

good luck! GTr

- -

gregory trimper