Re: Alignment

Does anyone have the alignment specs for '93 2WD 2.4 short cab and

> box? While the specs don't do the truck justice as resulting in > chronic front inside tire wear and a very bothersome high speed (60-80 > mph) shudder, I've just replaced several steering parts and now the > alignment is WAY out so I kinda want a starting point at least.

You might try this suggestion. It worked for my older 4X4 and my '99 Taco.

"Get the front end alignment checked. Find a shop with a Hunter alignment rack. Get a 4-wheel thrust alignment where they precisely measure the exact direction of thrust of the rears and align the fronts to that. Have the shop align the toe-in and camber to the exact center of the spec, and set the caster to the maximum allowable. The factory specs are too wide for good alignment, so just setting to "factory spec" is not acceptable. What I listed above are within factory spec, so the shop has no beef."

Above taken from here--

-- A man is known by the company he keeps-- unknown

Reply to
Anyolmouse

Maximum allowable by the parts, or maximum allowable by the spec's?

Reply to
croy