It stank like hell, but it worked.

A car body made of pig's blood, chicken feathers and nitro shellac Nobody would want to steal that car. It would be easy to track it down. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

So where's the link??? That link is some devil search engine.

Reply to
m6onz5a

I learned fairly recently that the old Trabant was made of cotton. Hard to believe these have become collectors items, especially in the eastern part of Germany

Reply to
hls

Look on the web for, Trabant Cars

New electric Trabant cars. Old Trabis never die. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

... they just catch fire...

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

One of my students has one... it's a hoot!

2 stroke 2 cylinder.. sounds like a popcorn maker at idle. Breaks down about every 10 miles but still a hoot. Ben
Reply to
ben91932

What usually causes his Trabant to break down about every ten miles? I want a warbling Wartburg car, the sporty looking model. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Gee, I dunno, but referring to the Trabant, which had a cotton waste reinforced plastic body, as being made of cotton is kinda like calling the early Corvettes, which had a fiberglass-reinforced plastic body, made of sand.

Reply to
Mac

I once read somewhere years ago, if a Corvette catches on fire, get far away from it.Something about some poisonous fumes. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin