No Heat from vents!! Help...97 Explorer

I tried to get heat from the climate system, but I only get ambient through the vents. My wife said that the temperature dial wasn't working to provide any temperature adjustment with the A/C system, so has anyone experienced problems with the temperature dial going bad? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

ok, howbout some more info ???????

Def and floor works ok ??????/ Can you hear blend doors move when you change it ??? Do you have vacuum ???? does your heater valve work ???? Is your cooling system properly filled/full???? do your heater hoses get hot ????? do you have climate control or just regular heater system?????

Reply to
johanb

Welcome to blend door installation hell! Your blend door has broken along with many, MANY others. DO what I did, turn the thing to heat and beat on the black box underneath the passenger side dash!Worked for me, till I close on my new house with a BIG garage.

When you turn temp knob from cold to hot what sound do you hear,do you hear a harsh but low clicking noise? Or do you hear the normal thump of the door closing? If you hear the clicking then your door is broken. If your willing to spend the cash (which buying a house, I am not) then you can take her to the dealer for a costly repair, BUT if you have the fortitude to muck with the labor intensive repair on for yourself, then have fun. From what I have read about it is a bear to work on. Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher1

Thanks for the tip! I went out and cranked it, turned the dial to heat and smacked the heater box and the heat came on!!!

What a piece of crap!!!

Thanks for responding..

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Just don't mess with the temp control knob for the remainder of the winter, unless of course you want to chance the A/C coming on again. I plan on fixing mine properly but this will suffice until I can get the house. I understand that the fix (DEALER) is costly.

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher1