Toy PU owners - please help - easy

Hello, I've been to the local Toy dealer and they;

1) don't stock the parts, 2) use the same parts illustration sketch for all years, 3) list several different part numbers over the years. 4) don't seem that interested in finding the out the answer for me.

Here's the deal... I am forced to replace a tow hook that was stolen off my 1993 Toy 4x4 PU.

I had 2 front hooks on it. One was the 1993 factory single hook. I was also given a Pre-1993 toyota tow hook by an old neighbor who has since moved away. The one he gave me had the standard hook facing forward, AND also had a smaller hook facing rear.

This Double Hook is the one that was stolen, and Insurance is going to cover it along with other items taken. I just need to know what part # to order. I don't know what year the neighbor took it off of. And the dealership isn't helping. "When you find out what year it was come back & then we will order you one" was the comment.

The Q is... What year/model did these double hook tow hooks come from?

Thanks, Brian

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

Brian,

I don't have any specific information to give you, but you may have better luck checking with a local junkyard. They usually seem to know their parts. Couldn't hurt to try. Post back with your results. Good luck.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis

Took your advice, hit the junk yards, turns out the Double Ended Towhooks are off Toyota 4Runners - Late 80-mid 90's. thanks, Brian