Wiper Failure

Recently had a failure in the front wiper. The wipers failed followed by a burning smell. Assumed the motor had seized. Bought a replacement and after an eternity of removing the dash got to the old motor. Found the arm assembly completely off the motor. Went ahead and replaced the motor but still no go. Cannot detect a fuse fault. Notice there is no wiper action at all including washer. Any ideas on possible relays, switches, etc.?

Reply to
Darrell Murdock

Vehicle is a 87 FWD Van.

Reply to
Darrell Murdock

you have a 20 amp fuse, check with ohm meter, I've been fooled by visual inspection before. I'm looking at a wiring diagram for a '85 van and the fuse and combination switch( in the steering colum) are the olny shared components of the wiper and washer system. If not the fuse, I'd suspect the comb. switch, avalible at the 'junk' part. Good luck and happy wrenching

Reply to
Nathan