Rear wiper failure 1996 Windstar

The rear wiper on my Windstar failed, thinking it was the motor, I purchased a rebuilt one, installed it and had the motor working for 5 mins, then the motor appeared to stop. I took the motor off, went to a electic shop who tested the motor, said it appeared to be working when they applied power, said that it was an intermittant type motor.

I wasn't sure, and I have not reinstalled the motor or gone further with it, but his comment about the intermittant motor had me confused as I didn't think my 96 had intermittant rear wiper.

Can someone veryify if there there were 2 model of motors for this year or did I just get the wrong one?

And if my motor stopped working, is this one imcompatible? Or could it be a wiring issue? I have checked fuses and they appear ok, I do notice the rear washer will not work either, so I assume they are on the same switch??

Thankyou

Reply to
News Reeder

DanFXR

News Reeder wrote: either, so I assume they are on the same switch??

haaaaaaaaa ha

Reply to
chickenwing

Dan, No, I didn't do that, should that be done with the switch turned on? If there appears to be no power, then I assume a wiring or switch issue?

Reply to
News Reeder

Yes ,key on,engine off,place the switch in the on position.Using either a test light or voltmeter contact the power to ground at the connector. If there is no power at the connector you will need a manual to backtrack the wire to see where the break is. Can you get to the dash switch to check continuity? If you have power at the connector and the motor wont run the problem is in the motor.

Reply to
DanFXR

will try that....

Reply to