ebay

Although I have bought on ebay, I have not sold any VW parts on ebay. I have to get rid of my 74 SBs and I thought maybe I might be better off just selling them one part at a time rather than the whole. Anyone else done this? Denns

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Shipping is a total pain, Dennis, but you seem to be far more patient than I am, so go for it. IMHO this is not a great time of the year to be selling because winter puts a lot of people off their projects, and the holidays are a factor.

What kind of shape are the SBs in? Good enough to sell complete? Titles?

Reply to
jjs

John, They both have titles and are lic current. My driver has a broken lower spring mount so the spring itself just hangs loose but the damned thing still feels ok at all speeds,,, crazy, eh? I have already promised the seat covers and steering wheel to someone who is restoring his Sunbug. Leaks a little oil, runs strong. The other one is the project ready to assemble, metal is good. My idea today is to pull and keep the engines as spares and concentrate on the "westy" and Puma and let the bugs go because I just do not have the time for it all. Just a thought.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 15:14:03 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.xxx (jjs) ran around screaming and yelling:

in the winter, life seems to slow down a bit and make time for projects....i have been hoping that with the weather changing that i would find time to wrench on my bug...hasn't happened yet, and i am booked through the first of the year, but it will slow down...i hope... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

What I was wondering is if anyone has sold their bug item by item right down to the knobs on ebay. Lots of work but maybe a months worth of project would pay off??? Anyone done it before? Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

It'll take alot longer than a month. I haven't done a bug, but have done a motorcycle. I had 26 auctions going at once. 12 completed with bids. That's only about 2/3rds of what I need to sell. I'm still waiting on payment for one of those auctions. Then I get to do it again.

**************************** Andy 'Dubless for the time being ****************************
Reply to
Jeckler

Thanks for the input.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

I have... pain in the hinder.... shipping is a bummer... most people bidding are 1/2 serious about it.

I've found some of the vw specific sites are better options.

T.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
MN AirHead

Well last month was distributor month and I sold a few distributor with an exact model part match! researched the part numbers and use, cleaned the parts up, replaced broken components..

and this month being carburetor month alot of t34 pict have sold, less h30 and the entire pict30-1-2-3 and prior are still a mystery to me. but i do see other interested in older carburetors. they do need to be clean and tested to obtain value. the "as is" pulled and left dirty do not sell as fast nor for value but for clean out cost.

some parts never ever sell, irrespective of price?

Marco

Marc H.Popek